Oven-grilled Prima Vera Rib Eye Steaks
|Beef||1 Pound (for beef)|
|Organic portabella mushrooms||50 Gram, cut in to medium pieces (for beef)|
|Red onion||2 Medium (for beef)|
|Prima vera spice blend||3 Tablespoon (for beef)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon (as required for beef)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (for beef)|
|Asparagus spears||1 Bunch (100 gm) (for asparagus)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for asparagus)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (for asparagus)|
|Red potato||3 Medium, boiled and mashed (for mashed potatoes)|
|Jalapeno roots||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (for mashed potatoes)|
|Light cream||3 Teaspoon (for mashed potatoes)|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (for mashed potatoes)|
1. On a tray, place the beef pieces. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of Prima Vera spice blend and balsamic vinegar over it. Marinate and keep it aside for 5 min.
2. In a large pan, put some olive oil. Sauté red onion and mushroom in it. Sprinkle prima Vera spice blend over it.
3. Lay the beef pieces in the pan. Spread the mushroom and onion pieces around it.
4. Turn the heat to high, so that there is a quick sear at the bottom. Flip it over and place it in a broiler for about 3 min.
5. For asparagus, in another pan, put some water and asparagus. Mix it well and cook until tender.
6. Sprinkle prima Vera spice blend over it. Stir in butter, toss it well.
7. For mashed potatoes, in a bowl combine together potato, jalapeno roots, cream, butter, and sea salt. Mix it well.
8. Serve beef hot with mashed potatoes and asparagus.
You may also marinate your beef 5 hours before cooking, adding more flavor to the dish.
Calories 474 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.4%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.5 mg27.5%
Sodium 500.6 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 16.2 g
Protein 27 g55%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 30.6%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet