Flaming Shredded Beef - Fork Tender
|Chuck roast||3 Pound|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chianti wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cognac||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the onion|
|Yellow onion||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chianti wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
2. Pat dry the meat with a paper towel and season it with salt and pepper on all sides.
3. Place the pan on the stove and melt the butter and olive oil on medium high heat.
4. Place the meat in the pan and sear for 3 minutes on both sides, brown from all sides.
5. Once done, turn off the heat and add the cognac in the pan, turn the heat on to low and light the cognac.
6. Add the beef stock and wine, cover and cook in the preheated oven for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
7. In the meantime, slice the yellow onions and set aside.
8. In a large pan melt butter with olive oil, add the onions, wine, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar.
9. Stir and cook it on low heat for 1 hour covered, during the last 2 hours remove the lid and continue to cook, stir frequently.
10. After 3 hours remove the roast from the roasting pan and shred the meat with forks.
11. Once shredded place all the meat back in the pot, until needed.
12. Place the rice in the serving plate and place the meat on top of the rice and top it up with the onions.
13. Serve the shredded beef along with a glass of red wine.
Calories 588 Calories from Fat 256
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.4%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.2 mg43.4%
Sodium 500.5 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 39 g78.2%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 0.23%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet