|Beef fillet||300 Gram (tail end)|
|Button mushrooms||100 Gram|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Double cream||200 Milliliter|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon (to shallow fry)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Teaspoon (use as per taste)|
|Plain boiled rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (as accompaniment)|
|Wild rice grains||2 Tablespoon (for garnish) (Optional)|
1. Wash and peel the carrots and cut into neat baton shapes.
2. Using a sharp knife, peel the orange thinly.
3. Then, cut half of the peel into very fine julienne.
4. Into a saucepan place the baton carrots.
5. Add the sugar and salt to taste and add the orange zest.
6. Cut the remaining orange into half and squeeze out the juice into the carrots, removing any pips that may escape.
7. Put the pieces of squeezed orange into the saucepan.
8. Just cover the baton carrots with water.
9. Bring to the boil, turn the heat down to a simmer, place the lid on the saucepan and cook until the carrots are just cooked and little bit crunchy.
10. Remove the large orange pieces leaving the fine julienne orange peel mixed with the carrot batons and drain into a colander.
11. Serve the carrot batons in warmed dishes or on warmed plates.
12. To finish, add a knob of butter to the carrot batons.
Calories 1459 Calories from Fat 975
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g167.5%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99 mg33%
Sodium 1620 mg67.5%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 40 g80.1%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 47.8%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 33%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet