Rainy and cold days are here. Warm up with our hearthy dish of Nilagang Baka (beef stew). Beef shank cooked with potatoes, chinese cabbage and green beans.
1 (leg portion)
4 Medium, diced (into medium pieces)
1 Medium (wombok)
1 Kilogram, halved
1 Large, diced
1 Cup (16 tbs), diced (into small pieces)
4 Teaspoon (Filipino fish sauce (to taste))
1 Cup (16 tbs), diced (for garnish)
1. In a large sauce pan place the beef shank pieces and pour enough water to submerge them totally.
2. Cover and bring to a boil. Remove the scum from the surface.
3. Cover and pressure cook for 20 minutes at medium heat.
4. Cool and open the cooker and set the meaty pieces aside and let the bones remain in the cooker.
5. Add the potatoes, onions and black pepper corns.
6. Season with patis and cover and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Add green beans and replace the meaty pieces back in the cooker.
8. Place the whole Chinese cabbage leaves on top of the stew.Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Sprinkle in the celery.
10.Pour the steaming hot stew in a bowl and garnish with spring onions. Serve right away.