1) Crush 1 cup of peppercorns and keep them in a bowl.
2) Mix the crushed peppercorns with 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard. Keep the crust aside.
3) Heat the pan and add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add 3-4 tablespoons of butter. Brown 3-4 pounds of beef tenderloin on both sides.
4) Remove the beef and place in a glass casserole.
5) Making sauce: Deglaze the olive oil-butter in the pan by adding 2/3 cup of red wine. Add 2 cups of beef stock to the pan. Boil the sauce.
6)Add little salt and pepper to the beef stock.
7) Place the crust on the browned beef and put in the oven for 5 minutes.
8) Mix 1 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water. Add this to the sauce. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce to the sauce mixture and bring it to boil.
9) Ladle the sauce over the baked beef tenderloin and garnish with rosemary.
10) Serve the dish.
If you are looking for some great recipe to impress your friends, here is the video for that. Beef tenderloin is very flavorful with only a little salt and pepper seasoning. But if you want to dress it up a little, a light, crusty rub adds a bit of flavor without overpowering the taste of the beef.
Pink Pepper Encrusted Beef Tenderloin Recipe Video