Tater Tot and Beef Hot Dish
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Low sodium cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Low fat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion soup mix||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen corn/Mixed vegetable||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tater tots||16 Ounce, enough to cover bottom layer|
|Shredded cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a pan add the olive oil, along with the ground beef.
3) Cook on medium heat until the meat becomes brown. While the meat is browning you can add in the onions and garlic.
4) In a pre greased casserole dish, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, onion soup mix, pepper, and mixed vegetables. Set aside until the meat mixture is fully cooked.
5) Once the ground beef is fully cooked, drain any excess liquid.
6) Add the beef to the casserole dish and mix together. Make sure the beef and soup mix are fully coated.
7) Start to place the tater tots on the top of the beef mixture.
8) Sprinkle with shredded cheese and pop it in the oven for 30 minutes. A good indication for when it’s done cooking, is when the cheese starts to melt and the soup starts to bubble.
9) Take out the dish from the oven and let it cool before you serve.
10) Serve and enjoy!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2603 Calories from Fat 1164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g206.4%
Saturated Fat 50.5 g252.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 320.1 mg106.7%
Sodium 2723.5 mg113.5%
Total Carbohydrates 210 g70.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.8 g67%
Sugars 30.8 g
Protein 145 g290.8%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 63.6%
Calcium 101.3% Iron 94.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet