This is an intensely flavored stir-fry that will wake up even the sleepiest palate! The combination of fragrant lemongrass, spicy chili sauce and pungent fish sauce are massive slap in the face. If you’re feeling fragile and weak, feel free to add a teaspoon of sugar to the fish sauce to tame it. Wuss. This is an amazing stir-fry recipe. Try it today.
Beef shoulder/Beef loin
1⁄2 Kilogram, cut into thin strips
1⁄2 Medium, sliced thin
3 Medium, minced fine
1 Tablespoon (Sambal Olek - As Required To Taste)
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (As Required To Taste)
1⁄2 Medium, juiced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Thai basil leaves
1 Medium, sliced thin diagonally
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Cut off the bottom third of the stalk (like green onions, the root is in the ground – so what you may think is the top is actually the bottom part that is inside the ground)
2. Discard the top dry ends and save the center of the stalk for lemongrass tea.
3. Smash this 1/3 of the stalk with the side of a knife to open it up a little, peel off the outside layers and save for a future use.
4. Chop the soft insides into a fine mince.
5. You’ll need just a tablespoon for this recipe (you can freeze the rest of it for another recipe).
6. Heat a wok over medium-high; add oil, followed 30 seconds later by onions, garlic and lemon grass.
7. Let stir-fry for 3 minutes.
8. Add beef, chili sauce and fish sauce and stir-fry over medium high heat until beef cooks through (about 5 minutes).
9. Add lime juice, and all the garnishes and fry for 30 seconds.
10. Stir well, and serve hot with jasmine rice!
Try using lemon grass in your daily cooking and you will be amazed to see the results. This Stir Fried Beef and Lemon Grass recipe video explains a bit more about this great ingredient. You will love this recipe and get a lot of information about how to use lemon grass. So try it out.