Roast Rolled Ribs Of Beef With Pan Browned Potatoes
|Flat beef rib bones||2|
|Rolled rib roast||5 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Melted butter/Salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown gravy sauce/Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a 2 to 4-inch deep roasting pan (preferably made of cast iron), place the flat beef rib bones.
2) Next, arrange the meat on the bones, the thickest part on top of the meat.
3) Slice the garlic, if using, into two.
4) Make slits along the ends of the meat with a sharp knife. Shove the garlic slices into the two slits.
5) In a medium bowl, mix together melted butter or salad oil, salt, pepper, mustard, sugar, brown gravy maker or soy sauce.
6) Spread the above mixture evenly over the meat.
7) Roast the beef as per your desired doneness. For reference, a thermometer reading of 140F corresponds to rare, 160F to medium and 170F to well done respectively.
8) Meanwhile, peel and slice the potatoes.
9) On a large saucepan, heat a little oil. Brown the potato slices well on both sides.
10) While still hot, sprinkle the potatoes with salt, pepper and crushed dried herbs.
11) Serve the Roast Rolled Ribs Of Beef on a hot serving plate. Garnish the plate with Pan Browned Potatoes.