Trippa Alla Fiorentina
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||3 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Celery||2 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Dressed honeycomb tripe||2 Pound, sliced into 2 x 1/2 inch strips|
|Tomato puree||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Beef stock||3⁄4 Pint|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crumbled dried marjoram||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce|
1. In a heavy, medium-sized saucepan or flameproof casserole fitted with a lid, heat oil.
2. Add onions and celery to oil.
3. Cook over a moderate heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft and slightly golden.
4. Add the tripe.
5. Toss it with onions and celery until they are well mixed.
6. In a bowl, mix together tomato puree and stock.
7. Pour the mixture over the tripe and vegetables.
8. Add parsley, garlic, marjoram and salt to it.
9. Cook them together, and bring to the boil over a high heat.
10. Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer the tripe slowly, regulating the heat so that the surface of the sauce barely moves.
11. Add a few teaspoons of stock, if at any point the sauce becomes too thick, before the tripe is tender.
12. Cook for 1 ½ -2 hours and pierce the tripe with the tip of a sharp knife, to ensure it is fully cooked.
13. Transfer tripe on heated plates.
14. Serve Trippa Alla Fiorentina hot with grated cheese.
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.6%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 371.3 mg123.8%
Sodium 761.5 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 35 g70.1%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 22.5%
Calcium 37.4% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet