Poached Beef Brisket
|Boneless beef brisket||3 Pound|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery rib with leaves||1 , chopped|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 300F.
2) Place the beef brisket on a plate. Sprinkle a mixture of salt, pepper and mustard over the brisket. Spread the rub well over the meat.
3) Into the casserole, add in the onion, celery leaves, bay leaf and brown sugar.
4) Pour in 1/4 cup of cold water. Give the mixture a good stir.
5) Arrange the meat on top of the rest of the ingredients. Cover the casserole and place in the oven.
6) Poach the dish for about 3 1/2 hours or till the time the meat becomes tender.
7) Serve the Poached Beef Brisket hot or cold. To serve cold, allow the brisket to cool down. Then refrigerate till it has chilled completely.
Try potatoes with the poached beef. Add 2-inch squares of small potatoes into the casserole along with 1/2 cup of water 1 hour before removing the meat. Sprinkle a generous amount of parsley into the dish. Cover and bake the potatoes for 1 hour. No need to add any salt. Serve the potatoes with the poached beef along with homemade mustard sauce.