Braised Beef with Peppers
|Onion||1 , peeled and sliced|
|Red peppers||2 , cored, seeded and sliced|
|Chuck steak||750 Gram, cut into four 1 inch thick slices|
|Brown steak/Water and 1/2 beef stock cube||450 Milliliter (hot)|
|Sweetcorn kernels||100 Gram|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In the cooker, heat the lard or margarine and fry the onion and peppers until both begin to color.
3) With slotted spoon, lift out both and drain well.
4) Brown the meat on both sides in the hot lard or margarine.
5) Lift out and drain off the excess lard or margarine from the cooker.
6) Add the stock or water and stock cube to the cooker and stir well to remove any residues from the base of the cooker.
7) Put the vegetables and sweetcorn into the cooker, place the meat slices on top and season with salt and pepper.
8) Place the lid to close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
9) Reduce the pressure quickly.
10) Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary before serving.
11) Serve the beef on the bed of rice.