Cholent with Knaidel
|Lima beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onions||3 , sliced|
|Fat||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Potatoes||3 , peeled and halved|
|Kosher salt||3 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Matzo meal/Cracker meal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Take a bowl and place beans in it. Add water and soak overnight.
2) Preheat oven to 350° F.
3) Take a mixing bowl and combine together sugar, eggs, remaining salt and remaining fat in it. Beat the mixture nicely together.
4) Stir in water and meal. Shape the mixture into a ball.
5) Take a baking dish or Dutch oven and add 1/4 cup fat to it.
6) Add meat and onions. Cook until brown.
7) Place the ball in the baking dish along with the other ingredients.
8) Add boiling water and cover tightly.
9) Bake in the oven for about 4-5 hours (alternatively, you can bake for over 24 hours at a temperature of 250° F).
10) Remove from oven and serve hot.
Calories 1062 Calories from Fat 750
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g128.1%
Saturated Fat 33.3 g166.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 198.8 mg66.3%
Sodium 823.7 mg34.3%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 32 g64.8%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 46.1%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet