Beef Olives Casserole
|Stewing beef||1 Pound, cut very thinly|
|Brown sauce/Brown gravy||3⁄4 Pint|
|For the stuffing|
|Fine breadcrumbs||2 Ounce|
|Mixed herbs||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Drop|
|Egg yolk/A small egg||1|
1) Cut meat into pieces of about 4 by 3 inches.
2) In a bowl, mix all the ingredients to make stuffing and then divide spread on the meat evenly.
3) Make rolls or dumplings depending upon the size of meat pieces. Cover with thin string or cotton.
4) In a pan, heat dripping and fry olives until just brown from outside.
5) Prepare the brown sauce or gravy.
6) Take a saucepan or casserole and add olives into it. Pour brown sauce or gravy and add a bay leaf.
7) Cover the pan and simmer slowly for 1 1/2 hours or cover the casserole and cook in oven at 325 degrees or gas mark 3 for 2 hours.
8) Serve beef olives in a dish bordered with mashed potatoes, along with cooked vegetables.
Calories 465 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 13 g65.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.4 mg41.8%
Sodium 786.7 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.73 g2.9%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 23 g47%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet