|Kosher salt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pickling spice||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher saltpeter||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Beef brisket||5 Pound (First Cut)|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
1) Take a saucepan and combine together water, salt, sugar, saltpeter, pickling spice and bay leaves in it. Bring the mixture to a boil.
2) Reduce heat and cook for another 5 minutes. Let stand to cool completely.
3) Take a stone crock or non-metallic bowl and place beef in it.
4) Pour the cooled liquid over it and add garlic.
5) Weight down the meat and cover with the prepared liquid.
6) Cover with a piece of muslin cloth and tie securely.
7) Place the mixture in a cool place or in the refrigerator for about 12 days.
8) Serve the Corned Beef alongside your favorite dishes.