Quick Kasha Cholent
|Dried lima beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Kasha||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a bowl and place beans in it. Add water and soak for about 12 hours or more.
2) Take a skillet and heat fat in it. Add meat and cook until brown.
3) Add pepper, salt, garlic powder, paprika, beans and water.
4) Cover loosely and cook the mixture over low heat for about 2 hours.
5) Add kasha and stir in little more water, if required.
6) Cook for another 1/2 hour or until beans and meat become tender.
7) Slice meat and serve with kasha and beans.