Pickled Tongue or Corned Beef
|Brisket/Fresh tongue||6 Pound|
|Kosher salt||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Pickling spice||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher saltpeter||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||12 Clove (60 gm)|
1) Take a large stone crock and place meat in it.
2) Add sugar, salt, pickling spice, saltpeter, 1 quart water and garlic.
3) Add more water, if required, and cover meat completely.
4) Weight down the meat with a heavy bowl or board.
5) Cover crick with a cheese cloth and tie it in place. Cover the cheese cloth with aluminum foil.
6) Let stand in a cool place for about 8 days and then store in the refrigerator for about 6 days.
7) Before serving, cook in boiling water for about 3 hours or until tender.