|Stewing steak||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Beef stock cube||1|
|Powdered gelatin||2 Teaspoon|
1) Slice the steak into little pieces.
2) In a pan, add in the steak, onion, carrots, salt, pepper, water and beef stock cube.
3) Cover the pan. Cook on low flame for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours till the meat becomes soft.
4) Drain the mixture and transfer into a large bowl or basin. Keep the stock aside.
5) If using pig's trotters, slice it off its bones and add into the meat mixture.
6) In an open pan, add in the reserved stock. Boil till it has reduced to about 1/4 pint.
7) In case you are not using the pig's trotters, add in the powdered gelatine into the hot reduced stock, at this stage.
8) Strain the stock over the beef mixture.
9) Place a plate or vessel over the beef brawn. Keep a large weight over the plate in order to give the dish a pressed-down shape.
9) Serve the Beef Brawn hot with a green salad on the side, if desired.