Savory Beef and Cabbage
|Extra lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 , coarsely shredded for about 3 cups|
|Carrots||5 , thinly sliced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 450° F.
2) Take a 2 quart casserole and combine together onion, beef and garlic powder in it.
3) Bake the mixture for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up meat mixture.
4) Drain off excess fat.
5) Reduce heat to 350° F.
6) Add remaining ingredients and cabbage in it. Toss nicely together.
7) Cover casserole and bake for another 1 hour.
8) Remove casserole from oven and serve immediately.