Steamed Galantine Of Beef
|Stock/Water flavored with beef extract||1⁄4 Pint|
|Minced beef/Minced beef - 8 pounds + sausage meat - 8 pounds||1 Pound|
|Fine breadcrumbs||1 Ounce|
|Hard boiled egg||1 , chopped|
|Aspic jelly||1⁄2 Pint|
|Mixed vegetables||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For garnish)|
1) In a pan, add in the drippings. Heat.
2) Add in the flour and keep stirring over a low flame till well mixed.
3) Pour in the stock or beef-flavored water into the pan. Let the mixture come to a boil over a low flame and thicken at the same time.
4) Next, add in the minced beef, fine breadcrumbs and chopped egg.
5) Into a greased tin or mould, add in the meat mixture. Alternatively, wrap the mixture in a greased foil paper, wrapped in a cloth in turn.
6) Steam for about 1 1/2 hours.
7) Unmould the Gelatine of Beef gently onto the serving plate.
8) Spread a layer of aspic jelly on top of the beef.
9) Serve the Gelatine of Beef with a plateful of mixed vegetables on the side.
Calories 423 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.8%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.1%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 138.2 mg46.1%
Sodium 234.6 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.96 g3.8%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 32 g64.6%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet