Classic Beef Stroganoff
|Sirloin||2 1⁄2 , cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Button mushroom||2⁄3 Pound, chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Tomato paste||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Beef broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg noodles||1⁄3 Pound|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Salt and pepper the sirloin cubes and set aside.
2. Heat half of the olive oil in large sauté pan. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to a plate.
3. Add the remaining olive oil and add the sirloin cubes. Sauté until all sides are browned about 6 minutes. Remove and place with the sautéed mushrooms.
4. Add the onion to the sauté pan. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
5. Stir in the tomato paste and all-purpose flour.
6. Stir in the red wine and beef broth.
7. Add back the sautéed mushrooms and beef. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Add the egg noodles and cook covered on low heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until the egg noodles are al dente.
9. In bowl whisk together heavy cream and a smaller amount of the sauce from pan. Stir back into the sauté pan. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
For more information please visit http://www.SimpleFoodie.com/