Stir Fried Beef with Ginger
|Lean beef steak||12 Ounce (350 Grams)|
|Light soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry/Red wine||2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ginger slice||1 , finely shredded|
|Chicken stock/Water||1 Tablespoon|
1. Freeze the beef for 20 minutes, so that the meat hardens a little bit for easier cutting.
2. Cut the beef into thin slices 1 1/2 inches (3-5cm) long.
3. In a bowl put the beef, add salt, soy sauce, sherry or rice wine, sesame oil and cornflour, mix well, and let marinade for about 15 minutes.
4. In a wok or large frying-pan add oil and when it is very hot, add the beef with a slotted spoon and stir-fry it for about 2 minutes.
5. When the beef is cooked, remove it, wipe the wok or pan clean and re-heat it.
6. Add a little oil and stir-fry the ginger for a few seconds and then add the stock or water and sugar.
7. Put the beef in the pan and stir well.
8. Take out the beef a platter and serve hot with rice or vegetables.
Calories 356 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.1%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.7 mg23.9%
Sodium 768.8 mg32%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.04 g0.18%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 38 g75%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet