Stir Fried Beef with Ginger
|Lean beef steak||12 Ounce (350 Grams)|
|Light soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry/Red wine||2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ginger slice||1 , finely shredded|
|Chicken stock/Water||1 Tablespoon|
1. Freeze the beef for 20 minutes, so that the meat hardens a little bit for easier cutting.
2. Cut the beef into thin slices 1 1/2 inches (3-5cm) long.
3. In a bowl put the beef, add salt, soy sauce, sherry or rice wine, sesame oil and cornflour, mix well, and let marinade for about 15 minutes.
4. In a wok or large frying-pan add oil and when it is very hot, add the beef with a slotted spoon and stir-fry it for about 2 minutes.
5. When the beef is cooked, remove it, wipe the wok or pan clean and re-heat it.
6. Add a little oil and stir-fry the ginger for a few seconds and then add the stock or water and sugar.
7. Put the beef in the pan and stir well.
8. Take out the beef a platter and serve hot with rice or vegetables.