Stir Fried Pepper Beef with Mange Tout
|Lean beef steak||12 Ounce, cut into slices 2 inches long strips (350 Grams)|
|Light soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry/Rice wine||2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||4 Ounce (Red / Green, About 1 Of 11 Grams)|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Preferably Ground Nut)|
|Mange-tout||2 Ounce, trimmed (50 Grams)|
|Chicken stock/Water||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (70 Milliliter)|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl put the beef; add light soy sauce, sherry or rice wine and cornflour , mix well and let marinade for 15 minutes.
2. In a wok or large frying-pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil until it is very hot and almost smoking.
3. Add the beef and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
4. Remove and drain in a colander or sieve.
5. Clean the wok or pan, add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil and re-heat.
6. When it is hot, stir-fry the pepper and mange-tout for 2 minutes, add the chicken stock and dark soy sauce and bring mixture to a boil.
7. Put in the beef and give the mixture a few quick stirs to mix it well.
8. Serve hot with rice or steamed vegetables.
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.4%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.5 mg24.2%
Sodium 1448 mg60.3%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 41 g81.8%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 28.5%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet