Stir Fry Tomato Beef
|Sirloin/Round||2 Pound (Flank / Chuck Steak)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Green peppers||2 Large, cut into strips|
|Green onions||3 , 1" slices w/tops|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, cut into wedges|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Slice steak diagonally across grain in 1/8-inch thick slices and freeze for about 30 minutes to slice easier.
2. In 2 cup glass measure combine sugar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger.
3. In medium bowl pour over meat and marinate 30 minutes, turning meat after 15 minutes.
4. Preheat browning skillet (high) 6 minutes or fry pan on range until very hot.
5. Remove meat from marinade, reserving extra.
6. Add oil and meat and microwave at high for about 5-6 minutes stirring halfway through cooking.
7. Add green peppers and onion, microwave at high for about 3-4 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking and top with tomato wedges.
8. In 1 cup glass measure combine cornstarch, water and remaining marinade.
9. Microwave (high) 1-2 minutes, stirring once or twice until thick.
10. Pour over stir-fry and microwave (high) 1-2 minutes more.
11. Let it rest 5 minutes and serve on cooked rice.