Walter Fischman's Red Beef Appetizer
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Heaping Teaspoon)|
|Scallions||3 , minced|
|Ginger slices||3 , minced (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Top round of beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
1) In a slow cooker, put all the ingredients.
2) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, till the ingredients are tender.
3) Let the cooked beef cool in the cooking liquid.
4) Drain the beef and slice it across the grain very thinly.
5) Place the beef on a serving plate and serve while still warm. Makes a good appetizer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1316 Calories from Fat 542
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.6%
Saturated Fat 21 g105.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 390 mg130%
Sodium 7920.7 mg330%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 147 g293.9%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 14.6%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet