Walter Fischman's Red Beef Appetizer
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Heaping Teaspoon)|
|Scallions||3 , minced|
|Ginger slices||3 , minced (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Top round of beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
1) In a slow cooker, put all the ingredients.
2) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, till the ingredients are tender.
3) Let the cooked beef cool in the cooking liquid.
4) Drain the beef and slice it across the grain very thinly.
5) Place the beef on a serving plate and serve while still warm. Makes a good appetizer.