Braised Beef Slimmer
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, fat trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes (1 Inch Thick)|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Beef bouillon cube||1|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped italian green beans||20 Ounce, thawed (2 Packages Of 10 Ounce Each)|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In a Dutch oven or frying pan, heat the oil.
2) Add the beef and brown it well on all the sides.
3) Combine together the thyme, salt and pepper. Mix well and sprinkle all over the meat.
4) Crush the bouillon cube and dissolve it in hot water. Add the mixture to the meat.
5) Cover the Dutch oven or pan tightly and slowly cook for 1 1/2 hours.
6) Add the green beans and mushrooms and stir well.
7) Cook the ingredients, covered, for about 10 minutes.
8) To the cornstarch, add the buttermilk and stir well to blend.
9) To the meat mixture, add the buttermilk gradually and cook till thickened, stirring occasionally.
10) Transfer the Braised Beef Slimmer to a serving plate and serve while still hot.