|Beef stew meat||2 Pound|
|Cold water||3 Quart|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In a pan of cold water, add meat and salt.
2. boil the mixture over low flame.
3. Skim bubbles off the top.
4. Now, cover the lid and simmer the mixture for about 2 1/2 hours.
5. Further, add vegetables, seasonings and pepper and cook slowly for another 1 1/2 hours.
6. Remove the meat and use it to serve with horseradish or mustard sauce.
7. Strain stock and use it in soup that must be served in soup bowls.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2676 Calories from Fat 1550
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 172 g264.4%
Saturated Fat 46.5 g232.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 716.7 mg238.9%
Sodium 2828 mg117.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 247 g493.8%
Vitamin A 268.4% Vitamin C 70.6%
Calcium 28.6% Iron 75.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet