Brisket of Beef
|Beef brisket||5 Pound (1 piece)|
|Catsup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°
2. In a roaster place beef, fat side up and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place onions, celery and catsup over the beef.
4. In the bottom of the pan and put 1/4 cup water.
5. Roast in the preheated oven uncovered, basting until well browned.
6. Cover and after about 3 hours, pour the beer over the beef, recover and cook until tender.
7. Remove meat from gravy, strain the gravy and chill until fat rises and solidifies.
8. Remove layer of fat, slice the chilled meat and reheat in gravy.
9. Add 1/2 cup water if necessary.
10. If thicker gravy is desired, place cooked onions and celery in a blender with the skimmed gravy and blend until smooth.
11. Serve the brisket of beef with the cooked juices or drippings.
Calories 770 Calories from Fat 489
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.4%
Saturated Fat 21.4 g106.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 192.8 mg64.3%
Sodium 1034.2 mg43.1%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 53 g106.8%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 12.8%
Calcium 4% Iron 28.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet