Microwave Beef Bourguignon
|Beef stew meat||2 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Burgundy wine||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Pearl onions||1 Pound, peeled|
|Carrots||4 , julienned|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed or chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 package)|
|Whole button mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce (1 jar)|
1. Roll the stew meat in flour.
2. In a microwave oven, brown the meat conventionally on a surface unit with little oil.
3. In a bowl, add beef bouillon, ½ cup burgundy wine, pearl onions, carrots, parsley, garlic cloves, and salt.
4. Wrap it using plastic and dip the probe in liquid.
5. Cook on a setting of HIGH (9); HEAT & HOLD at 180°F for 120 minutes until the meat is soft.
6. Add mushrooms and peas towards last 30 minutes of cooking.
7. In a bowl combine ¼ cup flour and enough water to form paste.
8. Take out vegetables and meat from sauce.
9. Maintain warmth.
10. Add flour paste into the sauce and cook on a setting of HIGH (9) for about 6 minutes until mixture starts boiling.
11. Add ½ cup burgundy and stir well. Pour the sauce over vegetables and meat.
12. Serve the beef bourguignon with pasta.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4009 Calories from Fat 1706
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 190 g291.8%
Saturated Fat 49 g245.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 716.7 mg238.9%
Sodium 4923.6 mg205.2%
Total Carbohydrates 200 g66.7%
Dietary Fiber 23.3 g93%
Sugars 44.2 g
Protein 281 g561.6%
Vitamin A 980.9% Vitamin C 169.8%
Calcium 43.6% Iron 125.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet