Rolled Pot Roast
|Beef rump roast||5 Pound, rolled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potato||6 Medium, peeled|
|Carrot||8 , cleaned|
|Onion||6 Medium, peeled|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Rub meat surface with garlic, salt and flour. Keep aside.
3. In a heavy bottomed pan, heat fat.
4. Once hot, brown beef uniformly for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Remove and place in a shallow baking pan. Add 1 cup water and bake in pre heated oven for 60 minutes per pound.
6. One hour before roast is done, add vegetables and bake till done.
7. Remove on to a roast platter with vegetables and serve.
Alternatively, you can cook the roast on a low flame in a deep bottomed pan too.