Beef and Kidney Grill
|Round steak||2 Pound, cut in 4 squares of 1 inch thickness (top or bottom round, rump or lean chuck)|
|Seasoned meat tenderizer||1 Teaspoon|
1) Wash and split the lamb kidneys lengthwise. Remove fat and tubes with scissors.
2) Sprinkle both kidney and steaks with meat tenderizer (without any added salt). Pierce meat with forks at 1 inch intervals. Let stand for about 30-40 minutes at room temperature.
3) Spread lemon-butter sauce on all sides of steak squares and kidneys.
4) Grill steaks over hot coals for about 10-12 minutes if rare is desired and for 15 minutes if medium is desired. Turn only once. Grill the kidneys in last 8 minutes of cooking. Turn only once and be careful not to overcook.
5) Place one split kidney in butterfly shape on top of each steak square. Add some lemon-butter sauce and serve immediately!