Swift Standing Rib Beef Roast with Harvest Vegetables
|Standing rib roast||14 Pound (Kirkland Signature/Swift)|
|Garlic||25 Clove (125 gm), peeled|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Carrots||5 Pound, peeled|
|Red skinned potatoes||3 Pound, unpeeled|
|Pearl onions||1 Pound, peeled|
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Using a sharp paring knife, very carefully cut diagonal slices through the fat covering the roast at 1-inch intervals, 1/2 inch deep, leaving a diamond pattern across the top.
3. Insert garlic cloves into the cuts, spacing evenly.
4. Season the meat with salt and pepper and place in large roasting pan.
5. Roast for 20 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 215°F for the remainder of the cooking time.
6. Add wine, sugar, carrots, potatoes and pearl onions to roasting pan.
7. Roast for an additional 2 1/2 hours for a medium-rare roast. Add 1/2 hour for medium.
8. Turn off the oven and let the roast sit for 20 minutes without opening the oven door. This will give the meat a chance to relax and redistribute the juices.
9. Remove from oven. Slice and serve.