|Round steak/Chuck steak||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Quick cooking rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (packaged)|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Red kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Beef consomme||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Slice the steak into 1" cubes.
3) In a skillet, heat butter. Saute the meat cubes along with onion and salt.
4) Transfer the mixture into a 2 quart casserole.
5) Arrange alternate layers of meat, rice, tomatoes and beans. Repeat the layers.
6) In a bowl, mix together the consomme, chili powder, oregano and salt.
7) Transfer the mixture into the casserole. If the casserole is shallow, add in a little water to keep it moist.
8) Bake for about 1 hour.
9) Serve the Beef Pilau garnished with chopped parsley.