Microwave Corned Beef and Cabbage
|Corned beef||3 Pound|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed for covering)|
|Cabbage||1 Large, cut into 8 wedges|
1. Take a glass casserole and add corned beef into it.
2. Cover it with water and wrap plastic around it.
3. Dip probe into the liquid.
4. In a microwave oven, place casserole and cook on HIGH (9) and then on HEAT and HOLD at 180°F for about 120 minutes until the corned beef turns soft.
5. Spoon out the meat.
6. Stir in cabbage and cook for another 10 minutes on a setting of HIGH (9).
7. Slice the corned beef using knife.
8. Serve corned beef slices with cabbage.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2145 Calories from Fat 1088
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 121 g186%
Saturated Fat 48.3 g241.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 660 mg220%
Sodium 1482 mg61.8%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 22.5 g90%
Sugars 28.8 g
Protein 192 g383%
Vitamin A 17.6% Vitamin C 549%
Calcium 36% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet