Savory Pot Roast
|Round bone pot roast/Blade chuck roast||4 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bay leaf||2 Large|
|Onion||2 Medium, peeled and sliced|
1. In a heavy bottomed pan, heat fat.
2. Once hot, add garlic and onions and sautÃ© on a medium flame till onions are browned.
3. Add meat and brown uniformly for 20 minutes.
4. Add rest of the ingredients (apart from 2 tablespoons flour), reduce flame and cover and cook for 180 minutes.
5. Remove cooked meat on to a serving platter and keep aside.
6. Do not discard the cooking liquid. Discard bay leaf and return to flame.
7. In a small bowl, combine remaining flour with ¼ cup water and add to simmering broth.
8. Mix well and cook on a slow flame till gravy thickens.
9. Transfer on to a sauce boat and serve hot with meat platter.