Beef And Peppers
|Beef||1 1⁄2 Pound (tenderloin, sirloin or flank steak)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Bermuda onions/Sweet onions||2 , sliced|
|Green peppers||2 , quartered|
|Tomatoes||2 , quartered|
|Canned bouillon/Consomme||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Cut meat diagonally into thin strips while partially frozen.
2. In a bowl combine garlic, ginger, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon oil and 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
3. Add beef, toss lightly and saute small amounts in hot oil quickly until done.
4. Remove meat and keep warm.
5. Add oil to pan heat and saute onions and green peppers for about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add stock, bring to a boil.
7. In a cup blend 1 tablespoon cornstarch and the water together.
8. Add to hot mixture with 1 teaspoon soy sauce and the sugar.
9. Cook stirring constantly for about 2 minutes.
10. Add meat, sherry and tomatoes to sauce.
11. Warm thoroughly and serve with rice.