Roast Beef Summer Salad
|All purpose potatoes||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn ears/Corn kernels - 1 1/2 cups, cooked||2 Medium|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Spinach leaves||5 Ounce, washed (6 cups)|
|Beef||3⁄4 Pound, thinly sliced and roasted (leftover or deli)|
|Radish||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (about 5, for garnish)|
1) Take the potatoes and put them in a pan along with cold water. Boil the potatoes for around 20 minutes to make them tender. Take the potatoes away from the water and allow them to cool for another 30 minutes.
2) Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1/2 inch pieces.
3) Keep the potatoes pieces in a bowl and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Keep the potatoes in the refrigerator and chill them.
4) Boil around 2 quarts of water in a Dutch oven. Put the ears of corn and boil for another 2-4 minutes.
5) Take away the ears of corn from the water and allow them to cool. Separate the kernels off with the help of a sharp knife and keep aside.
6) Make the mustard dressing. For this, take the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt along with pepper in a bowl and mix them well. Add the green onions and corn. Toss half of the dressing with the potatoes. Keep aside the remaining dressing.
7) Take the serving platter and put the spinach leaves.
8) keep the roast beef in the middle of the plate and potato salad around the beef.
9) Add the remaining dressing over the beef.
10) Garnish the dish with radish and serve immediately.