Rare Roast Beef Salad
|T-bone steak||1 Pound, cut 1 inch thick (1 In Number)|
|Salad oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard||1 Teaspoon, prepared|
|Natural swiss cheese||4 Ounce, cut into strips to make 1 cup|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, sliced|
|Romaine||6 Cup (96 tbs), torn|
|Freshly ground pepper||1 Dash|
1. Using a knife, trim and discard fat from steaks.
2. In a screw-top jar, put together oil, lemon peel and juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and salt; put the lid on and shake vigorously until blended.
3. In a shallow baking dish, place steaks and over dressing over meat.
4. Cover dish and let the meat marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours or at room temperature.
5. Just before cooking, remove steaks from marinade reserving dressing; drain over paper towels.
6. In a broiler, place steaks at a height of 3 inches from heat and broil for about 5 minutes per side until rare done.
7. Using a craving knife, cut steak into thin strips.
8. Let meat chill in refrigerator.
9. In a salad bowl, line bottom with 6 cups of torn romaine leaves.
10. Top with steak strips, cheese strips, sliced onion and diced green pepper.
11. Toss some of the salad in reserved marinade with a dash of salt and pepper and place on top.