Shredded Beef Filling
|Beef||2 1⁄4 Pound, cut into 1 1/2inch cubes|
|Canned beef broth/Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bay leaf||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
1. In a 2 quart microwave safe casserole dish cook the beef with beef stock, bay leaf and garlic at full power for 5 minutes.
2. Cook for another 30 minutes at half power and stir the mixture every 10 minutes.
3. Take it out and leave it for 10 minutes.
4. Put it back in the microwave and cook for 15 minutes more at half power
5. Remove and leave it to cool down.
6. When cold enough tear the beef cubes into shreds and put it back in the casserole, cover with microwave safe plastic wrap and microwave for 10 minutes at half power.
7. Refrigerate and use it as and when required in tacos, fajitas, sandwiches, with nacho chips as a topping or as a filling for savoury pies.