Iron Plate Sizzled Beef
|Beef steak||10 Ounce (275 Grams, Topside Rump)|
|Mange-tout/Broccoli / green pepper / any greens||4 Ounce (115 Grams)|
|Dried chinese mushrooms||6 Small, soaked|
|Oil||1⁄2 Pint, seasoned (300 Milliliter)|
|Spring onion/Fresh ginger root - 3-4 small bits||1 , cut into short sections|
|Soft brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oyster sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|For the marinade|
|Soft brown sugar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate/Baking powder||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Thick cornflour paste||2 Teaspoon|
1. To prepare the beef cut it across the grain into slices about the size of large postage stamps, then marinate in the marinade for several hours - the longer the better.
2. Top and tail the mange-tout or cut the other green vegetables into thin slices.
3. Cut the carrot into thin slices.
4. Squeeze dry the mushrooms and discard any hard stalks.
5. Heat the iron-plate before you heat the oil in a preheated wok.
6. In the wok blanch the beef for about 30-40 seconds or until the color changes, remove and drain.
7. Pour off the excess oil, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the wok.
8. Stir fry adding the spring onion, ginger and vegetables for about 1 minute.
9. Add the salt and sugar followed by the beef, stir for a few times and then add the oyster sauce, blending well.
10. Bring the food on the hot iron-plate sizzling to the table.
11. Alternately put the food on a warm dish and bring it to the table, then pour it into the iron-plate just before serving.
Calories 707 Calories from Fat 589
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.5%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 43.2 mg14.4%
Sodium 761.5 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 17 g33.9%
Vitamin A 48.7% Vitamin C 30.9%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet