Calico Beef Aspic
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Lemon flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked and diced|
|Diced red apple||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take a saucepan and pour beef broth in it. Bring to a boil and then stir in gelatin until it dissolves completely.
2) Add onion, vinegar, pepper, salt and water. Chill the mixture until slightly thickened.
3) Fold in apple and celery.
4) Pour the prepared mixture into a 3-cup mold. Chill for about 4 hours or until firm.
5) Garnish with wedges of hard-boiled eggs and serve.
Calories 143 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.4%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.8 mg8.3%
Sodium 534.4 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.71%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet