Veal, Apple, Potato Casserole
|Peeled and sliced potatoes||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Lean stewing veal||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Seasoned flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , skinned and sliced|
|Cooking apples||1⁄2 Pound (250 Gram)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Sour cream||5 Ounce (125 Gram)|
1) Cut the veal into 2 inch (5 cm) cubes and pat in seasoned flour and coat well.
2) In a pan, add butter and heat.
3) Mix in the veal and brown.
4) Stir in the onions and cook for another 2 minutes.
5) Mix in the apples, (keeping aside one unpeeled for garnishing), take off the cores and cut rings.
6) Arrange over the casserole, gently press down into the stock and sprinkle with sugar.
7) Place in a slow oven at 325°F (170°C), Gas Mark 3, for 1 1/2 hours.
8) Add on soured cream and top with apple slice and serve.