Veal, Apple, Potato Casserole
|Peeled and sliced potatoes||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Lean stewing veal||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Seasoned flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , skinned and sliced|
|Cooking apples||1⁄2 Pound (250 Gram)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Sour cream||5 Ounce (125 Gram)|
1) Cut the veal into 2 inch (5 cm) cubes and pat in seasoned flour and coat well.
2) In a pan, add butter and heat.
3) Mix in the veal and brown.
4) Stir in the onions and cook for another 2 minutes.
5) Mix in the apples, (keeping aside one unpeeled for garnishing), take off the cores and cut rings.
6) Arrange over the casserole, gently press down into the stock and sprinkle with sugar.
7) Place in a slow oven at 325°F (170°C), Gas Mark 3, for 1 1/2 hours.
8) Add on soured cream and top with apple slice and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1688 Calories from Fat 556
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97%
Saturated Fat 35.9 g179.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 501.9 mg167.3%
Sodium 795.2 mg33.1%
Total Carbohydrates 168 g55.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.5 g74.1%
Sugars 46.8 g
Protein 119 g238.8%
Vitamin A 33.3% Vitamin C 186.2%
Calcium 27.4% Iron 34.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet