Easy Pot Roast
|Potatoes||4 Medium, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Carrots||8 Medium, cut into 1-inch slices|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Lean beef pot roast||3 Pound (Chuck, Round Or Rump)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon, mixed to a paste, in 3 tablespoons cold water|
1) In the bottom of the slow cooker, put together potatoes, carrots and onions.
2) In a bowl, season the meat with salt and pepper.
3) Place the meat over the vegetables.
4) Simmer and cook the meat mixture for 10 to 12 hours.
5) Using a ladle skim the fat from the surface.
6) Spoon 1/4 cup of gravy from cooker into a saucepan.
7) Stir the flour-water paste, in the gravy.
8) Simmer the gravy, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
9) Pour the gravy mixture into meat mixture.
10) Cook for 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
11) Remove the meat from the gravy, and slice the meat.
12) Place the meat slice in the serving dish and spoon the gravy over it, serve hot.
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.2 mg7.4%
Sodium 880.1 mg36.7%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.1%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 17 g33.4%
Vitamin A 271.8% Vitamin C 67.9%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet