Make Ahead Party Beef Tenderloin
Garlic Clove - 1 no, crushed
Ground Round - 1/4 pound
Onions - 2 nos, medium, sliced
Fresh Mushrooms - 1/4 pound, thinly sliced
Chili Sauce - 2 tablespoons
Dried Marjoram - 1/4 teaspoon, crushed
Dried Thyme - 1/4 teaspoon, crushed
Hickory Smoked Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Worcestershire Sauce - 2 dashes
Dry Red Wine - 3/4 cup
Beef Bouillon Cubes - 2 nos
Beef Tenderloin - 1 no of 5 to 6 pounds
1) Preheat the oven to 450F.
2) In a 12-inch skillet, melt butter.
3) When the butter starts to sizzle, add in the garlic, ground round, onion and mushrooms. Saute till the meat changes colour, the onions become transparent and the liquid from the mushrooms disappear.
4) Next, add in chili sauce, marjoram, thyme, salt, Tobasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, wine and bouillon cubes. Mix and let the mixture boil.
5) Turn down the flame and simmer the mixture for 20 minutes. Take the skillet off the flame.
6) In a roasting pan, place the tenderloin. Cover it with slices of bacon. Broil for about 8 to 9 minutes. Then remove the bacon.
7) Now flip the tenderloin and place the bacon slices back on it. Broil another 8 to 9 minutes, before discarding the bacon.
8) Transfer the tenderloin to a baking dish. Pour the prepared ground round sauce over it. Refrigerate the tenderloin for a minimum of 24 hours or better still upto 2 days.
9) Bake the tenderloin covered for 25 minutes. Strain the sauce and meat juices into a sauceboat.
10) Slice the tenderloin thin.
11) Serve the sauce in the sauceboat on the side.