Curried Beef Cubes
Flour - 1/3 cup
Crisco - 1/3 cup
Large onion - 1 , sliced
Tomato sauce -2 cans (8 ounces each)
Water - 1 1/2 cups
Garlic - 1 clove , minced
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry powder - 2 teaspoons
Frozen cut green beans - 1 package (9 ounces)
Hot cooked rice or noodles
1. Coat the meat with flour and season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, heat the Crisco and add the meat to brown through.
3. Add the onions to the same pan and sautÃ© till cooked.
4. Mix the tomato sauce, water, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper and pour over the meat. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours till the meat is cooked through and tender. Add the curry powder to the dish and simmer again
5. Add the beans and cook till tender. This will take 15 minutes. The beans may stick but you can separate them with a fork as they heat.
6. Serve over hot rice or noodles.