Crispy Shredded Beef
Eggs - 2, beaten
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Cornflour - 4-5 tablespoons
Oil for deep-frying
For the sauce:
Carrots - 2 medium, finely shredded
Spring onions - 2, thinly shredded
Garlic - 1-2 cloves, finely chopped
Fresh red or green chilies - 2, seeded and thinly shredded
Caster sugar - 4 tablespoons
Rice vinegar - 3 tablespoons
Light soy sauce - 2 tablespoons
1. To prepare the beef thinly cut into matchstick shreds.
2. In a bowl make a batter mixing eggs, salt and cornflour.
3. Coat the shredded beef with this batter mixing well.
4. In a deep fry pan deep-fry the beef in hot oil (190°C/375°F) for 4-5 minutes, stirring to separate the pieces, remove and drain.
5. Then deep-fry the carrots for 1 1/2 minutes, pouring off excess oil, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the wok or pan.
6. Add the spring onions, garlic and chili and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
7. Add the sugar, vinegar and soy sauce with the beef and blend well so that each beef shred is coated with the sauce.
8. Serve hot the Crispy Shredded Beef coated well with the sauce.