Marinated Beef Pot Roast
Prepared Mustard- 3 tablespoons
Worcestershire Sauce- 4 tablespoons
Basil- 1 teaspoon
Oregano- 1 teaspoon
Onion Powder- 1 teaspoon
Garlic Salt- 1 teaspoon
Freshly Ground Black Pepper- 1/4 teaspoon
Lean Beef Pot Roast (chuck or round)-3 pounds
Bacon Fat or Vegetable Oil- 2 tablespoons
Flour-Water Paste- 3 tablespoons (optional)
1) In a bowl, mix together, tomato juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano, onion powder and seasoning.
2) Place the meat in shallow bowl and stream the mustard mixture over it.
3) Put the lid on the bowl and refrigerate it for 24 hours.
4) Take the meat out of marinade and dry it using paper towels.
5) In a large non-stick pan heat the bacon fat and brown the beef on all sides.
6) Put the beef slices in slow cooker, along with the marinade.
7) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 to 10 hours.
8) Spoon 1/4 cup of gravy from cooker into a saucepan.
9) Stir the flour-water paste, in the gravy.
10) Simmer the gravy, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
11) Pour the gravy mixture into meat mixture.
12) Cook for 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
13) Remove the meat from the gravy, and slice the meat.
14) Place the meat slice in the serving dish and spoon the gravy over it, serve hot.