Red Stewed Beef
|Lean pot roast||3 Pound, chuck, round, rump, or sirloin tip|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger root slice||4|
|Scallions||3 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Anise seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In slow cooker, place pot roast.
2) Stir in the soy sauce, sherry, ginger, scallions, garlic, sugar, anise seeds and water.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 10 hours.
4) Remove the meat from the cooker.
5) Slice the meat and place on the serving plate.
6) Spoon the cooking sauce over the meat and serve hot.