Pressed Beef Brisket
|Pickled brisket/Silverside||4 Pound|
1. Clean joint or wash thoroughly after taking off from brine.
2. In a large bowl, soak the joints overnight or for several hours in cold water.
3. In a pan warm water and add joint. Bring to boil and simmer gently until meat is tender. Cook for 1/2 hour to each lb plus 1/2 hour over.
4. Drain out meat from liquid. Keep in an old clean cloth and tie securely.
5. Press between two boards until cold.
6. Coat with meat glaze or browned breadcrumbs.
7. Serve cold with salad.