Pressed Beef Brisket
|Pickled brisket/Silverside||4 Pound|
1. Clean joint or wash thoroughly after taking off from brine.
2. In a large bowl, soak the joints overnight or for several hours in cold water.
3. In a pan warm water and add joint. Bring to boil and simmer gently until meat is tender. Cook for 1/2 hour to each lb plus 1/2 hour over.
4. Drain out meat from liquid. Keep in an old clean cloth and tie securely.
5. Press between two boards until cold.
6. Coat with meat glaze or browned breadcrumbs.
7. Serve cold with salad.
Calories 987 Calories from Fat 408
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.7%
Saturated Fat 16 g80%
Cholesterol 426.7 mg142.2%
Sodium 320 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 0 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 136 g272%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet