|Pigs head/2 trotters / cowheel||1|
1. In a large bowl add brine and soak head for 3 to 5 days unless already pickled.
2. Clean the head thoroughly.
3. In a large pan keep the head. Cover with cold water and boil.
4. Add seasoning and cook over simmering heat for 2-3 hours until tender.
5. Discard tongue, skin and reserve.
6. Scrape out the meat from bones and dice.
7. In the pan add bones, 1 quart of liquor, onions and seasonings.
8. Simmer and cook for about 1 hour.
9. Strain the liquid and reduce it.
10. Let it cook until it forms a jelly.
11. Mix diced meat and adjust seasoning.
12. Garnish with rinsed mould or basin with sliced tongue and slices of hard-boiled egg.
13. Transfer the meat mixture into prepared mould and keep aside to set.
14. Invert into a serving dish and garnish with parsley.