|Cubed beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce|
|Water||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Bay leaves||2 Medium|
|Red pepper||To Taste, crushed|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, quartered (4 Medium Potatoes)|
|Green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pitted|
|Drained capers||1 Tablespoon|
1. Take a large heavy pan and sautÃ© bacon in it until it turns crispy. Remove the bacon from skillet and crumble it.
2. Brown the beef in drippings.
3. Blend water, soup, onion, paprika, bay leaves, bacon and red pepper.
4. Cover the skillet; simmer the mixture for about 105 minutes, by stirring occasionally.
5. Add potatoes, and cook for another half an hour.
6. Add capers, green pepper, and olives and cook for another 15 minutes.
7. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
8. Serve the Beef Caribe with rice and plantain chips.